[Freebangfont-devel] Re: Suggestions, announcements, etc.

From: Sayamindu Dasgupta
Subject: [Freebangfont-devel] Re: Suggestions, announcements, etc.
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 09:23:39 +0530

On 11/11/02 19:16 -0600, Deepayan Sarkar poked the keyboard with a stick and
composed:
 > On Monday 11 November 2002 08:33 am, Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:
 >
 > > B. A standardised set of Open Type tables.
 > >
 > > I was wondering if we could have a standardised set of Open Type tables.
 > > This means, that we can just change the glyphs in pfaedit and have fonts
 > > with new looks. This can be a big time saver. We can convert Barda's fonts
 > > quickly into OT in this way.
 >
 > This would be a good idea in the long run, but I'm not sure if we are ready
 > for it yet. For example, we would have to be more or less sure that we have
 > all the conjuncts covered. Also, not all fonts would have the same set of
 > substitutions, for example, Likhan has separate glyphs for da+ukaar etc.
 >
 > More later.

hu.
that's a valiod point. let's have some more bug reports, let us all reach
version
1.0 (not in the mozilla way ;), and then we can have a decision.
-cheers-
sdg

:
####[ GNU/Linux One Stanza Tip (LOST) ]#######################

Sub : Shortcut keys for dir navigation (#1)          LOST #148

We are all aware that "cd .." will return you to the  previous
directory on the tree, similarly, if a file is to be copied to
the prvious directory, you may do "cp filename .." ... For the
home directory, instead of ".." use a "~" (viz. cd ~ or cp ~/)

: