Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Mukti Set of Fonts

From: Anirban Mitra
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Mukti Set of Fonts
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 09:07:29 +0000 (GMT)

 --- Kaushik Ghose <address@hidden> wrote: > PS.

> >Yudit(which does not support positioning) and IE5.5
>>in Windows 98.
> Hmm, do you mean that ka-y-hoshoi will read "ka
> hoshoi" visually on yudit
Positioning is a typographic fine tuning ( to ensure
that ukaar always attaches to the exact bottom of the
previous akshar, be it ka or pa) and have nothing to
do with altering the sequence of letters. If you open
same bangla html file with yudit and IE5 in windows
using Mukti (or ani for that case) you will appreciate
the difference.

> Not with code2000 and yudit 2.6.2
>
> also 0x0985 0x09cd 0x09af 0x09be
> (a + hashanta + ontestojaw + akar)
> renders as a-jawphola-akar in yudit with code2000
 Yudit has its own independent shaping engine so the
problem is not their as with uniscribe.
> So, does that make it 3 bangla OTFs now ? Mukti,
> Likhan and Aakash ?
 and not to forget Ani. It may not be as beautiful as
the others but you know its my first font - more like
first love.
Thanks
Anirban

       visit http://in.tv.yahoo.com