fluid-dev

Re: [fluid-dev] Possible approach to preloading samples / presets

From: Marcus Weseloh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Possible approach to preloading samples / presets
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 20:52:30 +0100

Hi,

there is a first RFC pull-request here:
https://github.com/FluidSynth/fluidsynth/pull/698

It implements the fluid_synth_pin_preset and fluid_synt_unpin_presets
by hooking into the preset notify callbacks that are already used by
the dynamic-sample-loading to load and unload the preset. Advantage is
that the changes can be mostly kept to the default loader.
Disadvantage is that the public API can not give any indication if
pinning or unpinning has actually succeeded.

Looking forward to your comments!

BTW: I haven't tested that code yet, only made sure it actually
compiles. If you think this approach has merit, I will develop it
further and also add tests.

Cheers
Marcus