fluid-dev

Re: [fluid-dev] Possible approach to preloading samples / presets

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Possible approach to preloading samples / presets
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 21:16:31 +0200

Understood. Yes, it would be nice to hear at least one other person who
has a similar use case.

I also have a preference of implementing this. But before, allow me to
ask the following questions:

> You could say that I shouldn't use dynamic sample loading in that
case

Why do you *need* to use (or support) "huge soundfonts" on a device that
apparently has memory constraints? Wouldn't a smaller SF that entirely
fits into memory do as well?

And if you really need that "huge soundfonts", wouldn't it be possible
to truncate the SF by deleting samples that you'll never need?

Tom