fluid-dev

[fluid-dev] parallel loading of soundfont samples

From: Hamish Moffatt
Subject: [fluid-dev] parallel loading of soundfont samples
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 09:50:46 +1100

While we're on the topic of soundfont loading, is there any possibility of speeding it up by using multiple cores?

I'm loading two soundfonts in SF3 (vorbis) format, and they take a few seconds each to load. This is now the majority of my app's startup time.

Two things would help; either allow multiple soundfonts to be loaded in parallel from the API, or better, have the loader use multiple threads to decode the vorbis samples at once.

thanks

Hamish