erc-discuss

Re: [Erc-discuss] Generalizing erc-track?

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: Re: [Erc-discuss] Generalizing erc-track?
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:25:56 +0200

Mark Plaksin <address@hidden> writes:

> How hard would it be to generalize erc-track to work for other
> modes?

Depends. I do think it's not too hard to write a generalized
buffer-tracking.el, though. The code in Lui could be rather easily
factored out, and then it would be a matter of different clients
(Circe, ERC, rcirc) to switch to the new library.

This would not only be useful for the described case, but also for
other applications that might want to use tracking.

Would the ERC people be interested in such a change? I could be
persuaded to try to provide such a library.

Regards,
        -- Jorgen

--
((email . "address@hidden") (www . "http://www.forcix.cx/";)
 (gpg   . "1024D/028AF63C")   (irc . "nick forcer on IRCnet"))