erc-discuss

[Erc-discuss] Generalizing erc-track?

From: Mark Plaksin
Subject: [Erc-discuss] Generalizing erc-track?
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 10:02:30 -0400

How hard would it be to generalize erc-track to work for other modes?  It
would be cool if it worked for M-x term.  I haven't read all the erc-track
code yet.  I'm hoping somebody with a clue will have a guess about how hard
it would be :)

I usually have M-x term sessions to a bunch of hosts.  Sometimes I run
'apt-get dist-upgrade' on my local box and forget to check the status
before I exit Emacs (rare as that is!).  It would be useful if the mode
line reminded me to check.

Thanks!