erc-discuss

[Erc-discuss] Re: Release timeline for ERC 5.1.3

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [Erc-discuss] Re: Release timeline for ERC 5.1.3
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 03:19:56 -0400

Michael Olson <address@hidden> writes:

> Here's a very rough timeline for the ERC 5.1.3 release.  Feel free to
> add something to the timeline).  If you're a developer who hasn't
> checked out the Arch branch(es) for ERC or registered with Savannah,
> now would be a good time.
>
> 2006-06-26: Merge changes into the erc--rel--5.1 branch and use it as
> the basis of the release for the next couple of days.

This part is now done.  I manually diffed the trees as a sanity check
and found a few anomalies, which I resolved.  In particular, the main
branch was using tls.el instead of ssl.el, even though we switched
back to ssl.el in the 5.1.2 release.  I went with ssl.el, since this
was more failsafe.  tls.el is for the Emacs22 branch only.

I'll now start using erc--rel--5.1 and commit further changes to it
this week, as specified by the timeline.

As a reminder, instructions for checking out the branches and doing
development with Arch are available at
http://emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/ErcDevelopment.  If anything on that
page is unclear, please let me know.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: Emacs Lisp, text markup, protocols -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net