Re: [Enigma-devel] Bug on OS X El Capitan

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Bug on OS X El Capitan
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 23:34:26 +0200

Thanks Sidney!

Btw., I managed to get Enigma running with SDL 2, but this required substantial changes to the display code and there are still several issues that I haven't been able to fix yet (fullscreen mode for example, and SDL2 garbles many of the sound effects). In other words, the SDL 2 port probably won't make it into a releasable state within the next few weeks.

Would it make sense to update the official OS X release on enigma-game.org with the patched version? Or would this potentially break Enigma for users of older versions of OS X? The alternative would be to wait for an updated version of SDL_image and release fixed binaries then.

Sidney Markowitz wrote on 16/10/15 3:33 PM:
> I've been informed of a workaround to get enigma to run properly under El
> Capitan, thanks to Emmanuel Rivoire of Mana Games who encountered the same
> problem in his game and figured out the solution.

I posted the workaround instructions in my previous email, but I'll add this
link where Emmanuel is discussing the problem in his game so that it is easy
to follow any more information that comes up:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33115482/rendering-glitch-on-mac-osx-el-capitan-with-opengl