Re: [Enigma-devel] Bug on OS X El Capitan

From: Sidney Markowitz
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Bug on OS X El Capitan
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 15:33:27 +1300

I've been informed of a workaround to get enigma to run properly under El
Capitan, thanks to Emmanuel Rivoire of Mana Games who encountered the same
problem in his game and figured out the solution.

I'm not in a position to test this thoroughly in earlier versions of Mac OS,
so for now I would not want to make this change in the Enigma dmg file
available for download from the web site. However if you are running El
Capitan, here is how you can modify Enigma.app to get it to work properly.

The Enigma.app contains a copy of SDL_image 1.2.12 as a framework. SDL_image
appears to have a bug in rendering in El Capitan that was introduced in
version 1.2.11. The work around is to substitute SDL_image 1.2.10 framwork.

To do so, download

https://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_image/release/SDL_image-1.2.10.dmg

Open that dmg and you will see in there a file name SDL_image.framework

In a Finder window, navigate to the Applications folder, right-click on
Enigma.app and select Show Package Contents to reveal the Contents folder
within it. Double-click on Contents and then double-click on Frameworks.

Drag and drop the SDL_image.framework folder from the dmg you downloaded in
the Frameworks folder you have open from Enigma.app, and confirm to Finder
that you want to replace the existing SDL_image.framework.

Once the SDL_image.framework folder is done copying, navigate out of the
Enigma.app application contents and run Enigma.app which should now render
correctly.

 Sidney