Re: [Enigma-devel] Bug on OS X El Capitan

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Bug on OS X El Capitan
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 23:32:29 +0200

The port to SDL 2.0 that I played around with a few years ago never made it past the experimental stage, and because I tried to replace the whole renderer with an OpenGL-based one, getting this code into a releasable state would require a substantial amount of work.

SDL 2.0 seems to have a compatibility API for software rendering which may be the easier way to get a version of Enigma running on newer OSes. I'll try to get that running.

I rebuilt Enigma from source on my El Capitan machine and it looks the same,
so no simple solution.

Is there any progress on porting to SDL 2.0? I don't think there will be much
hope to have it any better as long as we have to stick to the old SDL 1.2
framework, and every new OS version is less likely to work with SDL 1.2 at all.

 Sidney