RE: [Enigma-devel] 4 bugs in Enigma

From: Iceshark7
Subject: RE: [Enigma-devel] 4 bugs in Enigma
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 18:38:53 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden
[mailto:address@hidden On Behalf Of
Andreas Lochmann
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 2:50 PM
To: address@hidden

Hi,

Erich Schubert wrote:

>> We could either stop the hammer from destroying the puzzle-
>> stones as long as a stone is above it. Or allow it and always
>> check for existence of the hammer instead.
>

> So how is someone expected to get the hammer back when a puzzle stone
> is above it?
> Instead, when the hammer is destroyed, recreate it at its initial
> position?

Yes, I agree; that seems to be the best solution.

Greets,
Andreas

-----

I'd agree too, as even through there are levels in which you could make
unsolvable and forcing to reset, I think it should be still be kept at it's
minimum to force people to restart levels, and in case you'll drop the
hammer under a pentomino and you couldn't get it, having it to destroy it
and to create a new hammer would allow the user to continue.

Even through Ronald stated that the hammer should be dropped next to a
pentomino, maybe there would be an alternative when dropped under a
pentomino, like a message coming up that you should have dropped the hammer
next to the pentomino? But for me, any solution would be fine, as long the
level wouldn't have the bug occurring.