[Enigma-devel] New graphics

From: Jen
Subject: [Enigma-devel] New graphics
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 01:53:48 -0800

Hi everyone -

I'm Jen.  I just recently found Enigma, and since I dabble in graphic design, it wasn't long before I decided I had to try and create some new graphics for the game.

My first submission for you is a new fl-leaves.png.  Although... I realized mine looks a lot more like grass than leaves.  But I think the fl-leaves that is currently in the game looks more like grass than leaves as well.  Just my opinion, of course.

Anyway, I've already tested it in the game - both in Raoul's test level for all floors as well as in a number of the actual game levels.  If you go through the first several levels in the Tutorial pack, especially Oxyd Stones 1, 2 and 3 and then Movement 3, you'll see all of the different grass/leaves styles in actual play.

You can download my version here: http://www.a-trifling-matter.com/enigma/fl-leaves_JenR.zip

When you extract the files, you'll have 3 folders: gfx32, gfx40 and gfx48 each with their own fl-leaves.png file inside.  That was the easiest way to put all 3 sizes in one zip file without renaming them.   Hopefully it goes without saying that you should back up your current fl-leaves.png files before letting my files overwrite them, just in case.

Let me know what you all think of it.  It's not a drastic change from the current fl-leaves, but I think the color and texture are a little bit nicer - more suited to the high quality graphics cards and monitors we all have these days - and I think it tiles a little bit better than the old one.  But I welcome feedback and constructive criticism.

Also, I have some ideas of what I'd like to work on next, but what do you all want to see updated/redesigned?  What would be at the top of your list for me to work on?  The st-spitting image has already been suggested, since it currently looks exactly like the timeswitch stones, so I'll be working on that.
One more note: any graphics I make for the game are completely original, and I have no problem making them freely available to be used in the game.  I have no need to retain any rights to them.  I'm just doing this for fun.  So if you need anything from me - a statement or whatever - to ensure that there aren't any issues with the game being freeware, just let me know.

More soon, I'm sure.

Jen
Jen Robertson
California
address@hidden
Go outside.  The graphics are incredible!