Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma spanish translation

From: Erich Schubert
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma spanish translation
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 15:53:38 -0700

Hi,
> I don't understand it.
> When I open the file whit mcedit I can read every acutes. When I open it whit
> 'vi' I can see every acutes, but once I write :set encoding=utf8 acuted chars
> became into stranger things, like Ä or <F3> or nonses like that and I can't
> write acented characters whit utf8 enable...

Character set detection is always hard. I suggest just switching to an
UTF8 locale.
(even when zsh is broken with utf8 characters)

You should definitely put the real charset there. Apps such as vim
might even try to read this line to find out the correct charset.

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\