Re: [Enigma-devel] Sokoban-levels not allways solvable

From: Ralf Westram
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Sokoban-levels not allways solvable
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:17:56 +0100

Hi Markus,

> Are levels in sokoban-levelpack meant to be allways solvable, or only
> sometimes solvable?

They are meant to be always solvable, but I recognized 2 days ago,
that they aren't.

> There are some levels which are not allways solvable, because
> oxyd-stones are put to such positions that there is no solution.
> First mikroban-level, Mikroban #58, is good example. When the oxyd-stone
> which needs all 3 buttons to be pressed is put on top-left corner, just
> next to document on ground, this level can't be solved. Once all blocks
> are on their place, there is no way to get to that oxyd-stone. There are
> other levels which also have this same problem.

Do you remember their names? If so, please post them.

> I do know that all levels in sokoban-levelpack are eventually solvable
> [my brother solved them, except one which I solved], if you keep
> restarting level until you get oxyd-stones in proper places. (Shift-F3
> helped in this, but this was removed from enigma.)

Yes, but that's boring and not intended.

@devel:

I've uploaded a patch which reactivates the restart-keys (Shift-F3 and
Ctrl-A) and the time-hunt mode. Here it works fine.

If somebody wants to test, you can download it from my enigma-archive
at http://www2.mikro.biologie.tu-muenchen.de/rs/archives/2004-public
which is currently based on patch-50 of Daniels enigma-archive.

Some fleas are left, like cut-off-par-time in level menu and too long
init string at start of level (because in time-hunt mode I added

        " (to beat: x:xx)"

to the display of level name+author. I thought of adding a new
text-scroll-mode, which scrolls left and right if the string is too
long for the display (like e.g. Winamp does with long songnames).

Ralf

--
They played Beethoven last night.
Beethoven lost.