Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma level problems (0.81).

From: Petr Machata
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma level problems (0.81).
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 20:06:20 +0200

Bernd Müller-Zimmermann wrote:
Hello.

   - ant19.lua (Enigma 2 #16 "Wells")

     Solution: Goto the right oxyd stone. Then hit the switch, then
     hit F3. Then goto the left oxyd stone.
     (What's the spring for?)

This level keeps people unbelieving... you aren't the first who asks :)
The short solution is exactly what author had in mind. Spring is there
just for symmetry with extra life in other corner. I wanted to place
spoon there, but it wasn't made when I created the level. Since we
already have a spoon, I'm commiting fixed version.

   - level6a.lua (Enigma #32 "Space Pirates")

     I'm not sure on this one, but here's the quick solution taking
     about 35 seconds:
     Plant one bomb between the woods and return to the starting point.
     Then enter the space tunnel going zig-zag, planting one dynamite
     stick west of the bomb and ending up in the north or south room.
     Then you can push the wood in the hole and use the space tunnel
     from there to get to the other room.
     (It doesn't use the laser, switches, hammer, money, and trigger
      provided.)

This is okay, afaik. Enigma levels, just like oxyd levels, are full of
junk stuff that you don't need :) It keeps player distracted from the
right solution :)

   - ant14.lua (Enigma #91 "Dancers")

     I can solve this level at home but not on the PC in my office.
     (I shouldn't be doing this anyway :-).)
     The moving speed of the bolders depends too much on the speed
     of the CPU, they are just too fast.

I just tried - the bolders aren't too fast at my box, but they soon fall
unsynced. Because of this, some of them get hit by laser randomly, which
turns their direction and completely ruins the level. I have no idea
what's wrong - this sync problem didn't used to be here...

Anyone else - do you experience the same behavior? The bolders ought to
be lined up in nice tidy grid (just like dancers, that's it). At my box,
they desync after one or two turns and are misaligned...

Greetings from Berlin
Bernd

Thanks for reports from Brno
Petr