Re: [Enigma-devel] Status

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Status
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 22:04:08 +0200

Petr Machata <address@hidden> wrote:

> Let me ask a question - how would using arch help you get faster access
> to cvs repository via modem? You have to commit to cvs sooner or
> later... I didn't get your point.

The point was: With arch I can keep the repository on my machine and and
simply mirror the repository on a publicly accessible ftp or http
server. This is extremely useful because I can review and revert changes
even when off-line.  CVS takes ages only to show me the list of files
that I modified since the last commit...

> Or do you want to use another hosting, such as gna.org for arch hosting,
> or berlios.de for subversion? (I don't know about anyone else providing
> non-cvs repositories... am I the only one hating cvs??)

berlios may be an option for subversion, arch requires only an ftp or
http server.

And no, you're not the only one that hates CVS :-)

Daniel