[Enigma-devel] Status

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Status
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 02:55:08 +0200

After quite a long break I may finally have some time to work on Enigma
a little more.  Sorry to everyone who sent me an Email during the last
few months and did not receive an answer yet; I will try to catch up in
the next few days.

Although I cannot promise anything, I will at least try to get the
long-awaited 0.90 release out the door and will therefore focus on
fixing bugs and adding more polish.  New high-quality sound effects are
coming, and the 800x600 video mode is getting better and better.

Some things may have to change, though.  CVS has become a major
timekiller recently, which is probably our fault because Enigma has
grown so large.  But commiting changes takes forever over my humble
dialup conection, and that's time I would rather spend on the game
itself.  I have not decided on an alternative yet; I'm currently leaning
towards GNU arch.  An arch<->CVS gateway should be feasible although I
did not investigate this possibility so far.

- Daniel