Re: what is the purpose of "This link has already been stored"?

From: Anthony Carrico
Subject: Re: what is the purpose of "This link has already been stored"?
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 09:02:25 -0400

On 6/29/23 06:28, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
if you move the recent one to top of list, that would work for my
mindless store/insert, but it might not work for a user who has
carefully cultivated a set of links that are all to be inserted, or
such.  although idk if the mechanism supports.

Makes sense. It is a +1 for a defcustom.
Although I still believe that we should change the current default, even
if leaving an option to fall back to previous behaviour.

I don't think there is much reason to complicate the interface with a defcustom. The current default is an error, so changing the default doesn't break the workflow of anyone using it the way Samuel describes (unless I'm missing something).

--
Anthony Carrico