Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode datestamps and org-ag

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode datestamps and org-agenda
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 15:38:03 +0000

Greg Minshall <minshall@umich.edu> writes:

> i guess the third is what "2004-06~" might mean (i visualize, in
> amusement, a very light pink background over all of June, with some
> decay function coming earlier into May, later into July :).

Maybe. But my point states - it is not trivial thing to implement.
For context, the actual EDTF format is:

Example 1                ‘2004-06-11%’
year, month, and day uncertain and approximate
Example 2                 ‘2004-06~-11’
year and month approximate
Example  3              ‘2004?-06-11’
year uncertain

I do not want to go into this within the scope of this feature request.
Because imprecise dates is completely different feature.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,