Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode datestamps and org-ag

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode datestamps and org-agenda
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 14:10:00 +0000

Daryl Manning <daryl@wakatara.com> writes:

> All these discussions are really great, devil is in the details and all,
> but is anyone working on implementation code for this? It’s tricky to have
> visibility on WIP on org-mode - probs just me not knowing where to look tbh
> (but big believer that working code is progress… 😊)

No WIP yet.
The purpose of the ongoing discussion is figuring out the pitfalls to
not fall into. We do not want to start writing code just to find out
that it has to be completely scraped because we did not account to some
important details.

We do not even know yet what will be the timestamp format with
timezones.

Once we know the format, we can slowly work through Org functions to
support the timezone info in the timestamps.

Later, we will need to implement the necessary new features for TZ
support in agenda/calendar/input prompts.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,