Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode datestamps and org-ag

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode datestamps and org-agenda
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 19:07:37 +0300

* Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> [2023-01-18 12:35]:
> > It means there shall be functions which can convert timestamps to the
> > new time zone, with the option to left unchanged those timestamps who
> > already have time zone specified, and with option not to be converted.
>
> I am not sure why you need a difference here.

Today I was writing offers where I specified en_US time format, and
where I send it from EAT time zone, just realizing that people in US
can't understand how did I send the e-mail ahead of time. My
mistake. It is better that I represent it in their time, then they
will know it was night in their city when I was sending it.

Time shall be displayed correctly to the person in that other time
zone, preferrably in his time zone, not mine.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman