Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode datestamps and org-ag

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode datestamps and org-agenda
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 07:25:22 +1100

Daryl Manning <daryl@wakatara.com> writes:

> I think timezone you're in should be declared globally, surely?  And then
> defined in the timestamp?

Do you mean globally as in at the OS level or globally in org mode. If
the latter, I disagree. The OS has this information and there is no need
for org to repeat it (and possibly hav it wrong). I would go the other
direction and say that the TZ should only be defined in an org file i it
differs from the OS setting.