Re: One of my Org files hangs Emacs

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: One of my Org files hangs Emacs
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 18:38:10 +0000

> so I have a bunch of Org files, most of them pretty big (over 1
> megabyte), and one of them repeatedly causes my Emacsa to hang.
> Sometimes a plain `C-g' helps, sometimes I need to kill the Emacs
> process.  How do I even begin to find out what happens?  Any hints?

1. Set debug-on-quit to t and study the backtrace you get after C-g
2. Set debug-on-error to t, send SIGUSR2 signal to Emacs and study the backtrace
3. Run emacs -Q only loading the Org version you use and try to
   reproduce. If you can, this is a bug in Org. If you can't, bisect
   your config to identify the cause (there is a helper bug-hunter
   package to assist; it can be used for manual reproduction as well)

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,