Re: Export Org with Org concept -- Re: Problems with C-c C-e file.org,

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Export Org with Org concept -- Re: Problems with C-c C-e file.org,
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 22:43:08 +0700

On 07/01/2023 16:04, Ihor Radchenko wrote:

As I said, the requirement to get it into the core is re-creating
previous layout and bindings. The layout and bindings may be
customizable, but they must be available.

I would say, a layout that is not worse than the current one. Org menus may have more than 1 column and it is advantage for wide windows. A distant goal might be a menu that is more flexible and may adapt for single column suitable for a narrow side window.

Another issue is accessibility. Too long menus are likely terrible for users relying on Emacspeak. I have no idea how to deal with such case, perhaps a better organized hierarchy unveiled level by level. API conventions that allows to change menu implementation may be a rescue as well.

Tim Cross. Re: Proposal: 'executable' org-capture-templaes. Mon, 06 Jun 2022 09:05:29 +1000 https://list.orgmode.org/87sfoi1xde.fsf@gmail.com/