Re: Notes about citations in Org (part 3)

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: Notes about citations in Org (part 3)
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 09:21:49 -0400

On Tue, May 4, 2021 at 9:15 AM Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:

> Also, what styles (including shortcuts if necessary) names could we
> chose? Asterisk is not allowed in the citation style (but that could
> change, if necessary).

I'll let the bibtex folks speak to that perspective, but ...

> E.g.,
>
>   "parens" or "p" -> citep

... in the start of my mapping table, I suggest this as default. This
may be a CSL bias though.

>   "text" or "t" -> citet (default?)
>   "pf" or "parens-full" -> citep*
>
> What about alt, alp, alt*, alt*, and all Cite variants?
>
> It is possible to include sub-styles, e.g.,

I agree it would be better to allow variants, because it would make it
easier to have the top level consistent among export processors (and
therefore better for users in the end), without ending up with long
lists of style names that only apply to, say, biblatex.

Bruce