Re: Notes about citations in Org (part 3)

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: Notes about citations in Org (part 3)
Date: Tue, 04 May 2021 12:17:40 +0200

Hello,

> Question for the longer term: for LaTeX export, I will be wanting to
> have the [cite:] constructs export to BiBTeX code.  Will this be
> possible in due course?  For other targets (ODT, HTML), what has been
> done in this branch is fantastic but, for LaTeX, publishers will expect
> BiBTeX.

The branch provides an API to develop citation processors. The goal is
not to ultimately use "oc-basic.el", but to activate more specialized
processors, like, for example "oc-citeproc.el", but also
"oc-biblatex.el" or "oc-natbib.el", depending on your requirements.
Those are not implemented yet, however.

You can help, for example, by providing a list of style that you would
like to be provided by hypothetical (at this point) "oc-natbib.el" (or
another one), with the desired LaTeX output in different cases:

  [cite:@key] => ???
  [cite:prefix @key suffix] => ???
  [cite:global; prefix @key1; @key2; suffix] => ???

Ditto for "print_bibliography" keywords. I think you get the idea.

Regards,
--
Nicolas Goaziou