Re: wip-cite status question and feedback

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: wip-cite status question and feedback
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 10:47:38 +0800

John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

> 5. I mostly think the citations should be displayed as plain text, i.e.
> not replaced by a numbered overlay, or equivalent. I could see hiding
> the [], but also guess that would be more confusing than beneficial.

As someone who works author-year inline citations into the text,
APA-style, e.g.
 "as seen in Goaziou et al. (2021) citations in Org shall soon be possible"
Seeing that as
 "as seen in [1] citations in Org shall soon be possible"
is worse than
 "as seen in [cite:@goaziou2021] et al. citations in Org shall soon be possible"

I think what would be ideal, would be if common citation styles could
define a method which produces a display string, like "Goaziou et al.
(2021)". If nothing is defined, then no overlay should be produced.

--
Timothy