Re: wip-cite status question and feedback

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: wip-cite status question and feedback
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 16:09:23 -0400

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 3:57 PM John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> I guess that the actions I use most often when "opening" a citation are,
> opening the pdf, going to the webpage for it, and then opening the
> bibtex entry (usually to fix capitalization or something). In org-ref
> though, there are a whole bunch of other potential actions, like
> searching for related citations, copying the key or formatted citation
> to the clipboard, etc. I guess my point is there are a lot of things
> that opening might mean to different people.

Good point, which I missed.

In bibtex-actions, which uses bibtex-completion as a backend, I have
the following "open" commands:

- open-pdf
- open-link (doi or url)
- open (pdf, or link if not present)
- open-entry (bibtex, to edit)
- open-notes (to review, edit)

All of those backend functions take KEYS as input.

Bruce