Re: Syntax Proposal: Multi-line Table Cells/Text Wrapping

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Syntax Proposal: Multi-line Table Cells/Text Wrapping
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 09:19:21 +0000

On Saturday, 20 Mar 2021 at 08:33, Tim Cross wrote:
> That would be an interesting exercise. However, it does add another
> dependency and in some ways breaks the 'everything as text' philosophy
> (though I guess the last 'rendering' in the org file is still all text).

Yes, very true.  So let me rephrase: I wonder if there is another
formatting approach, not table based, that would suit what is
essentially categories and sub-categories of information, one that would
export nicely/easily to a number of targets?  Probably not.

In practice, I find that proper use of subheadings and description lists
end up being enough for most of my uses.  When something more
challenging arises, I have been known to resort to drawers with
processing via one of the hooks and special blocks (minipages, for
instance), but only for LaTeX export.

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4.4-254-g37749c