Re: Syntax Proposal: Multi-line Table Cells/Text Wrapping

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Syntax Proposal: Multi-line Table Cells/Text Wrapping
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 10:54:10 +0000

On Sunday, 21 Mar 2021 at 09:06, Tim Cross wrote:
> However, often now, I'm presented with a spreadsheet (or workbook)
> with not a single calculation or cell formula -it is just about
> formatting.

Exactly.  And this is why I am not happy about org being modified to
enable this.  Make the path of least resistance the most attractive:

> In many ways, workbooks are being treated like a poor persons slow
> inefficient database with a really poor interface.

And also why I suggested that it would be good to have some type of
database functionality in org.  Well, we do already in the form of
properties.  I use these, with column view, all the time, but maybe we
need to think about how such are exported and encourage its use?

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4.4-254-g37749c