Re: Syntax Proposal: Multi-line Table Cells/Text Wrapping

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: Syntax Proposal: Multi-line Table Cells/Text Wrapping
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 09:43:29 +0100

Hi Samuel,

> i like that.  such an org edit special type feature could efven in
> principle work for a column or a row all at once.

I like the idea of being able to edit rows or columns as well...

As I mentioned in a previous message, I made this rudimentary proof of
concept (only with cells):
https://lunotipia.juanmanuelmacias.com/edit-cell-sample-2021-03-19_09.29.17.mp4

The idea is that the content of the cell would be 'filled' while it is in
the edit buffer and, back to the cell, it would be a single line again.

Certain marks (in my sample it is a simple macro (nl = latex \newline)
would cause a line break in the edit buffer, to facilitate editing.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel