Re: (Feature Request) have org-edit-special work inside non-environment

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: (Feature Request) have org-edit-special work inside non-environment LaTeX blocks, i.e. \( \) and \[ \]
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 12:32:45 +0200

TEC <address@hidden> writes:

> This is what I thought. Might you have any suggestions on how
> I incorporate this logic? Something like `org-in-table-p' would be
> ideal :D

This is the following part, in `org-edit-footnote-reference':

;; If footnote reference belongs to a table, make sure to
;; remove any newline characters in order to preserve
;; table's structure.
(when (org-element-lineage definition '(table-cell))
  (while (search-forward "\n" nil t) (replace-match "")))

You need to replace `definition' with the actual LaTeX object.

Replacing "\n" with "", as above, is too strong BTW. It would be better
to replace it with " ". I'll fix the footnote-reference part.

> I feel like, at least in this case, this would be a sensible way to
> go. If you're happy with this, I think I'll go ahead and give this
> approach a shot.

Sure, go ahead.