Re: (Feature Request) have org-edit-special work inside non-environment

From: TEC
Subject: Re: (Feature Request) have org-edit-special work inside non-environment LaTeX blocks, i.e. \( \) and \[ \]
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 18:09:53 +0800

I don’t think we need to worry about newlines,

We need to. | some | table | | LaTeX | $1 + 1$ |

Oh dear, I haden't considered that. This is beginning to sound complicated :sweat_smile:

Just saying 'no' to new lines seems like a possible solution, but long equations can often be deperate for newlines when it comes to readability.

Some blank lines are meaningful in Org, so removing them could change the structure of the input. I wasn't sure it was a good idea to do this on user's behalf.

I see. I'm not quite sure how Org could get inside a LaTeX fragment though..?