Re: (Feature Request) have org-edit-special work inside non-environment

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: (Feature Request) have org-edit-special work inside non-environment LaTeX blocks, i.e. \( \) and \[ \]
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 12:23:05 +0200

TEC <address@hidden> writes:

> Just saying 'no' to new lines seems like a possible solution, but long
> equations can often be deperate for newlines when it comes to
> readability.

Saying no to new lines is only necessary in tables.  Outside, we only
need to say no to blank lines.

Note that you cannot preserve newlines in a LaTeX fragment. For example,
filling a paragraph containing a LaTeX fragment could modify newlines.

>> Some blank lines are meaningful in Org, so removing them could
>> change the structure of the input. I wasn't sure it was a good idea
>> to do this on user's behalf.
>
> I see. I'm not quite sure how Org could get inside a LaTeX fragment
> though..?

I was talking about footnote reference stuff. Perhaps removing silently
blank lines, here or in both cases, is better. I have no strong opinion
about it.