Re: [O] exporting drawers: odt versus LaTeX

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] exporting drawers: odt versus LaTeX
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 09:36:42 +0200

Hello,

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> this is not quite true; in LaTeX, a blank line (\n\n) indicates a
> paragraph but org does not treat a drawer as starting a paragraph.

Of course it does. Drawers contains paragraphs, not the opposite way.

> E.g.
>
> #+begin_src org
>   ,* testing
>   This is the first paragraph.
>   :test:
>   This is a test.
>   :END:
> #+end_src

To convince yourself, you could put point at the beginning of the first
paragraph and evaluate

  (goto-char (org-element-property :end (org-element-at-point)))

> generates
>
>     \section{testing}
>     \label{sec:org499dcbc}
>     This is the first paragraph.
>     This is a test.
>     \end{document}
>
> and this is what I want as I can put a blank line before the start of
> the drawer should I want a new paragraph.

Again, you are confused because LaTeX treats blank lines specially. The
"latex" back-end preserves blank lines from the original file. So in
this case, the absence of blank lines makes it think there is a single
paragraph. However, it wasn't the case in the source document.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou                                                0x80A93738