Re: [O] exporting drawers: odt versus LaTeX

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] exporting drawers: odt versus LaTeX
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 06:37:48 +0100

On Monday, 23 Apr 2018 at 23:26, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I've gone through the code but cannot determine where this is done and
>> why the ODT export target is treated differently to the LaTeX one.
>
> Both are treated similarly, really. The difference comes from the fact
> that LaTeX has no markup for paragraph. Therefore,

Hi Nicolas,

this is not quite true; in LaTeX, a blank line (\n\n) indicates a
paragraph but org does not treat a drawer as starting a paragraph.  E.g.

#+begin_src org
  ,* testing
  This is the first paragraph.
  :test:
  This is a test.
  :END:
#+end_src

generates

    \section{testing}
    \label{sec:org499dcbc}
    This is the first paragraph.
    This is a test.
    \end{document}

and this is what I want as I can put a blank line before the start of
the drawer should I want a new paragraph.

> You could write a drawer filter trimming paragraph markup if the drawer
> consists of a single paragraph (e.g., no blank line).

I could but this is not achieving consistency across the export targets
and would not allow for a single paragraph drawer to be exported inline
or as a separate paragraph.

Thanks,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.6-419-g52ba1a