Re: [O] "user-error: No language for src block: (unnamed)" when running

From: Ista Zahn
Subject: Re: [O] "user-error: No language for src block: (unnamed)" when running `org-icalendar-combine-agenda-files`
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 10:52:06 -0400

On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 10:43 AM, Andreas Leha
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ista Zahn <address@hidden> writes:
>> On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 10:20 AM, Nicolas Goaziou
>> <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Wild guess:
>>>
>>> Principle of least surprise: setting it to nil means results from Babel
>>> code are not refreshed before export, without user realizing about it.
>>> I think most users would like them to be up-to-date before export. It
>>> seems sane to me.
>>
>> The problem is that if the code blocks are non-trivial it slows down
>> the export. Changing one line of documentation and exporting
>> re-evaluates all the code blocks, which for me often takes several
>> minutes. The defaults work for trivial examples, but not my real-world
>> use. Since it's easy to make it work how I want it to via
>> org-export-babel-evaluate I don't mean to complain too much. I posted
>> mostly to make sure the OP knows about org-export-babel-evaluate, in
>> case disabling code block evaluation on export makes sense for them.
>>

> I know that problem...
>
> Decoupling code block evaluation and export has the problem of
> decoupling code block evaluation and export ;-), though.  If you export
> your document without evaluating first, how can you be sure that the
> resulting document is based on the latest version of the code contained
> in the code blocks?

By calling org-babel-execute-buffer before exporting ;-)

The advantage of doing it this way is that you don't have to do that
if you haven't changed a code block.

  So, from my point of view the default is the safe
> option and, thus, fine.

I agree that it is safer. In my case its safer like a 10 MPH speed
limit. Safe yes, but too slow!