Re: [O] "user-error: No language for src block: (unnamed)" when running

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] "user-error: No language for src block: (unnamed)" when running `org-icalendar-combine-agenda-files`
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 16:20:00 +0200

Ista Zahn <address@hidden> writes:

> Unless you've restored sanity by setting org-export-babel-evaluate to
> nil. Personally I think this is not a good default. Source block
> evaluation and export are distinct actions, and I don't see why they
> should be linked by default.

Wild guess:

Principle of least surprise: setting it to nil means results from Babel
code are not refreshed before export, without user realizing about it.
I think most users would like them to be up-to-date before export. It
seems sane to me.

In any case, I don't see the harm here. OP uses invalid syntax and is
warned about that. I think it's a decent way to proceed.

Regards,