Re: [O] Stable releases

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Stable releases
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 00:26:01 +0200

Hi Russell,

Russell Adams <address@hidden> writes:

> Could we reduce the amount of maintenance to the core if we separate
> the rapidly changing plugins to separate projects?

I have a plan to let contrib/* live its own life outside of the core
Org repository.  I hope this will encourage a sense of ownership for
those libraries.

But most bug reports and feature requests are against Org's core,
so I'm not sure a modular approach would really alleviate the task.
Of course, maybe this intuition is wrong, and many bug reports are
against non-core features.

In any case, I think we just need to stick to our "low floor / high
ceiling" approach: be as inclusive and welcome as possible, and give
as much freedom as required to regular contributors.

Finally, if I feel like I need donations to dedicate more time to Org,
I won't hesitate to ask for support.

--
 Bastien