Re: [O] Stable releases

From: Scott Randby
Subject: Re: [O] Stable releases
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 13:52:39 -0400

On 08/18/2015 01:36 PM, Bastien wrote:
Hi Scott,

the main reason why 8.3 was not as "stable" as it should have been is
that I've been releasing it too quickly, after having been inactive
way too long.

It's kind of a miracle that Org development could continue without an
active "official" maintainer for so long, and we owe a lot to Nicolas
and other contributors for this.

So all the advice you got is good, but think of 8.3 as a "come back"
release, with problems that are largely due to me not paying attention
enough to all those small details that make a good release.

The cure is to deliver major releases at a steady pace, and I'm sure
having a "release team" will help a lot.

I've learned a lot from the advice I've been given, and I'm now better equipped to handle updates.

In the meantime, `org-latex-with-hyperref' will be back in 8.3.2 as
I don't see why we needed to remove this option too.

I appreciate this a great deal. It will make my life easier to have this variable back in Org.

Scott Randby

Thanks,