Re: [O] Lentic.0.6 and org mode

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: [O] Lentic.0.6 and org mode
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 19:18:50 +0000

> On 2015-01-09 17:12, address@hidden (Phillip Lord) writes:
>
> > It's configurable, though. By default, the two windows share the same
> > text (which is nearly the same behaviour as indirect buffers). But they
> > can also be different (but related). I use a file or dir-local variable
> > for this. So, the lentic source code uses:
> >
> > ((emacs-lisp-mode
> >   .
> >   ((lentic-init . lentic-orgel-org-init)
> >    (eval . (require 'm-buffer-macro)))))
>
> I've used a similar configuration
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> (add-hook 'emacs-lisp-mode-hook (lambda () (setq lentic-init
> 'lentic-orgel-org-init)))
> #+end_src

Personally, I wouldn't do that! At the moment, my transformation doesn't
work nicely for all el files. At a minimum, you need code markers at the
before the first line of lisp and the after the last.

Otherwise, all the code gets treated by org as text; if you run, say,
"fill-paragraph" in the org-mode lentic view then it will do bad things
when all the code gets refilled.

> but it's not as nice as in the demo. For instance, the following:
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> ;;; Code:
>
> ;; ** Startup
>
> ;; #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>
> ;; Turn off mouse interface early in startup to avoid momentary display
>
> (if (fboundp 'tool-bar-mode) (tool-bar-mode -1))
> (if (fboundp 'scroll-bar-mode) (scroll-bar-mode -1))
> #+end_src
>
> becomes
>
> #+begin_src org
> * Code
>
> ;; ** Startup
>
> ;; #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>
> ;; Turn off mouse interface early in startup to avoid momentary display
>
> (if (fboundp 'tool-bar-mode) (tool-bar-mode -1))
> (if (fboundp 'scroll-bar-mode) (scroll-bar-mode -1))
> #+end_src
>
> Why the "Startup" is not promoted at the org level?

If your example is complete, I think it's because your code markers are
unbalanced. Look in the *lentic-log* buffer and you should see lots of
"delimiters do not match". Put a ";; #+end_src" in place and it should
fix itself.

This should probably be smoothed over in the user interface. I could
tell the user when the lentic buffer is created. You've also uncovered a
bug -- when the delimiters do not match, it's should be doing the safest
transformation of all which is a direct copy; so the "* Code" line
should have been left alone also.

Phil