[O] MobileOrg and repeating events (was: Android MobileOrg: appointments

From: Karl Voit
Subject: [O] MobileOrg and repeating events (was: Android MobileOrg: appointments without SCHEDULED/DEADLINE)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 19:33:52 +0200

* Rémi Vanicat <address@hidden> wrote:

> My main problem with mobilorg is that it do not translate
>
>   <2013-05-07 Tue 9:00-11:00 +1w>
>
> in a recurring event, and I would really like this to be solved.

Not a solution to your specific issue but this is how I deal with
recurring events: I use org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift and
periodically generate explicit copies (clones) for each occurrence.

This way, I am able to move one single instance, add notes to single
instances, and so forth. This way, it would also work for your
MobileOrg.

First, I was disappointed because Org-mode showed less flexibility
than my old Palm PDA. However, after I switched to the method
described above, I like it even more than flexible repeating
definitions.

HTH

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github