[O] Android MobileOrg: appointments without SCHEDULED/DEADLINE (was: Age

From: Karl Voit
Subject: [O] Android MobileOrg: appointments without SCHEDULED/DEADLINE (was: Agenda in MobileOrg for Android)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 12:50:16 +0200

Hi!

* Matthew Jones <address@hidden> wrote:
> - If you have issues and you don't tell us then we have no way of helping
> you and the problem might not go away.

I mainly use MobileOrg on my Android phone to capture URLs and
tasks and I am *very* thankfully for this possibility!

However, with Google getting untrustworthy (Reader, APIs, ...), I
want to get rid of Google Calendar as well. As you can read in [1],
many people are creating appointments by simply adding an active
time-stamp without SCHEDULED/DEADLINE or TODO states:

** <2013-05-07 Tue 9:00-11:00> this is an event/appointment   :rem15:

Unfortunately, MobileOrg does not seem to put such entries into the
Android calendar.

This is a very important issue to me such, that I can not use
MobileOrg agenda for my purpose at all. :-(

Another thing: My phone is mainly a reminding thing for me as well.
I would *love* to see something like when I tag something with
:rem15: I want to be reminded 15 minutes before its first time-stamp
(example above: at 2013-05-07 8:45). *This* would be very cool!

Thanks for improving so many peoples life's with MobileOrg!

  1. see Emails with subject "Re: OT: Android, external HW-keyboard
     and Emacs" (not on gmane yet)

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github