Re: [O] New exporter and dates in tables

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] New exporter and dates in tables
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 21:49:48 +0200

Hello,

> On 8 apr. 2013, at 13:27, Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I understand.
>>>
>>> So what exactly should be this exception? Should export ignore <:nil
>>> option in a whole table, or only when a table cell contains a single
>>> timestamp? IOW, how would it behaves in the following table:
>>>
>>>  | [2013-04-04 Thu] | Lunch at [2013-04-04 Thu] ] |
>>>
>>> when `org-export-with-timestamps' is either nil or `active'?
>>
>> I think keeping it simple is best.  If there is an inactive timestamp in
>> a table then it should be exported (I consider everything in a table as
>> data).
>

> I think this is the right way to look at this.

I still find it surprising that <:nil will remove the timestamp in:

  Lunch at [2013-04-04 Thu]

but not in

  | Lunch at [2013-04-04 Thu] |

I suppose I'll eventually get it.

Anyway, there's still another thing to ponder. Since everything in
a table is data, what happens with "tex:nil" (LaTeX snippets)? Should
this option also be ignored within a table? If not, how can we explain
the difference with "<:nil"?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou