Re: [O] Org mode export to Groff MM. Feature Freeze

From: Luis Anaya
Subject: Re: [O] Org mode export to Groff MM. Feature Freeze
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 21:35:05 -0400

> Luis Anaya <address@hidden> writes:
>> The only change I can see is the one to add the ATTR_GROFF string to get the
>> :attr_groff key in info.
>
> This is already the case since a recent patch.  ATTR_SOMETHING appears
> automatically as :attr_something in element/object properties.

Nicolas:

I pulled the latest git code and ran my regression test suite (for lack
of a better phrase) to test the groff exporter. There were no unsolvable
issues, but you might want to know that I found:

   - No changes were needed to org-export.el or org-elements.el  All the
     tests were run with the code from git. These two files did not
     cause any problems during the test. Therefore, those can be left as
     they are.

   - The change with the largest imapct on my code had to do with
     the BEGIN_GROFF/END_GROFF pairs in which now invokes the special
     block function and process the enclosed text through the plain-text
     function. Originally these were passed through without the
     invocation of the plain text function.

     I had to remove all the text pre-processing being that it was causing
     problems in the execution of GROFF macros. I do not think that
     doing this will hurt (much) because of the GROFF  markup syntax.
     For instance:

     TeX/LaTeX looks like this:
        \begin{center}
        Blah
        \end
     while GROFF looks like this.
        .DS C
        Blah
        .DE

    French quotations are not supported now because of this change, quotes are
    significant in GROFF for many things and I cannot translate those
    because GROFF will fail with a syntax error.

    - There were some other issues found, but those were my doing :). These
      were resolved and pushed into the repository.

Luis
--
Luis Anaya
papo anaya aroba hot mail punto com