Re: [O] Org mode export to Groff MM. Feature Freeze

From: Luis Anaya
Subject: Re: [O] Org mode export to Groff MM. Feature Freeze
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 20:04:03 -0400

All right fine... I went all crazy :)

Centered text?

Yes. Implemented centered block in man pages. This is probably one of
the reasons the Org exporter enables the creation of complex
typesetting. In this case, I'm using the .ce groff command to centralize
the text. .ce requires the number of lines to centralized, provided by
the content variable. It is not "dumb" markup translation.

Tables?

Yes. Man pages are groff files at the end. It can process TBL and
EQN commands. You may need to configure man.conf to make sure that tbl
and/or eqn is invoked.

Multi levels?

Yes, provided via .TP macros. The first two levels are using the
headline macros from man. The next levels are through .TP and
indentation.

Bullet Lists?

Yes, provided via .IP and using the different markers.

Alpha lists?

Are you kidding me?! NO! :)

Ok, not yet. It should be possible to implement though.

Links?

The new version of the man command allows for URL and for Email.
But I'm sticking mostly with legacy implementation in which
they will be written out and that's it. For now...

Want proof?
Org file
   http://ppl.ug/6h0UFKJfm1c/
Man page