Re: [O] #+STARTUP: showstars

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] #+STARTUP: showstars
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 14:16:46 -0400

Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello Enda,
>
> Enda <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Otherwise is like in vi, the additional stars (like **, opposed to
> > <SPACE>*) are too noisy, and since I do not want to see them whether
> > it is in org-mode or in vi, etc, so I wondered was there a way to have
> > the file like
> >
> > * first level heading
> > =C2=A0* second level heading
> > =C2=A0=C2=A0 * third level heading
>
> are you looking for org-indent-mode.?
>
> (add-hook 'org-mode-hook
>           (lambda ()
>             (org-indent-mode 1)))

I may be putting words into the OP's mouth, but I don't think he is
looking for org-indent-mode: the multiple asterisks would be there,
whether org-indent-mode is on or off (and it would not affect how the
file is seen in vi, to use his example). I think he is looking for
something that does not exist.

But the suggestion of exporting to ascii (and editing that in vi) has
not been rejected (yet), so that may be a way forward.

Nick