Re: [O] #+STARTUP: showstars

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] #+STARTUP: showstars
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 09:53:36 +0200

Hi Bastien

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 12:08 AM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Based from this, I guess Vi(m) can be clever enough to hide them.

I also assume yes. But then notably tools that list file contents
prefixed like "grep" and "nl", but also non-prefixed like "cat",
"more", "less" etc. still don't. Of course, for the latter one could
write a one line filter command. But one that suits also "grep" and
"nl" is impossible. And I don't want to have to use this filter and to
have it with me all times. My compromise for my private Org files is
to be forced to use fileconversion when an Org mode is available. Not
a big deal because I can't use Emacs productively without
customization anyway.

Michael