Re: [O] [RFC] Standardized code block keywords

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Standardized code block keywords
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 19:41:58 +0200

Hi Eric and Torsten,

Eric Schulte wrote:
>> We could open an older file and if it isn't working, we could try
>>
>> #+PROPERTY: babel-function-set obsolete
>
> I think that making use of such a feature is almost as onerous as
> changing to the new terms (which is a simple search replace, in fact
> once terms are selected I'll happily share a function on list which can
> be used to convert all old terms in existing Org-mode files).

I also think, for the sake of the efficiency we're trying to achieve, that we
must forget about the past in one "big bang" (v7.8 or whatever). Supporting it
temporarily in v7.8 and not anymore in 7.9 won't really help, IMHO.

Of course, it must be clearly stated that this change will break every old
report. That must be the first visible item of the description of 7.8.

Regarding a function to automate the changes, this is what I used this
afternoon (quite dumb, certainly to be improved):

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun my/org-propertyze-babel-line ()
  (interactive)
  (search-forward-regexp ":")
  (delete-backward-char 2)
  (insert "\n#+PROPERTY:  "))
#+end_src

Put point after `#+BABEL:' and apply it as many times as needed.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban